Hi all! One page Reader response due Sept 22. Respond to your peer’s essay in any way you wish, as long as your comments are considerate. Be specific.
Creative Writing Assignment 1
DUE AUGUST 15, 2010
typed, double-spaced, stapled, one-inch margins, page numbers
post copy of essay to www.languageinaction.edublogs.org/
1) Your walk.
Narrate the details of your walk and what exactly you experienced in all of its wonderful detail.
2) An event that shaped you.
Consider a traumatic event that happened in your life and shaped you in a
drastic way. Questions to jump-start your writing:
- What have you learned from the incident or events surrounding the incident?
- How has it changed you?
- What do you believe about life now that this has happened?
- Who was there during the incident?
- How did it happen?
- What were you feeling, thinking, smelling, touching at the time of the happening?
- What was the worst part about the incident?
- What was the best part about it?
Paint a visual and auditory image in words of the incident and show your reader how you saw life before and how you see life now.
3) Expand any writing you have written for class this semester.
4) Your open and infinite possibility.